I broke a needle while working on my most recent Arroyo socks, to my disgust.
So I switched to another pair of socks that has been lingering on for a bit. Doing this pair two at a time on one long circular, which I’m amazed hasn’t broken yet with all of the stress I’ve put on the needles. There’s a twist/cable about every other stitch on the pattern rows, and I’m doing them without using a cable needle, so these needles have been working overtime.
I did my integrated heel, which ends with decreasing the last of the heel stitches away as the patterned part wraps around the leg. Only I realized that I’d misremembered the length of the repeat and needed to decrease six more stitches to get an integral number of repeats (two, since the repeat is 36 stitches long). And that I should’ve done more decreasing earlier back.
So the last couple of hours of work on this has been to undo what’s turning into several rows of stitches, one by one because the combination of twisted stitches and using just one needle for two socks would make for probable disaster if I just pulled the needle out and ripped the rows back. Tink tink tink.